Pics: Trisha Krishnan Sparkles and Inspires as Unicef Celebrity Advocate on World Children's Day
Trisha kickstarted her association at Unicef with a heartwarming and genuine interaction with children and her inspiring talk. Her powerful talk included lines such as "In the long run, girls' education will eliminate all the shortcomings in the society"; and "Extra-curricular activities can make school more interesting & appealing for kids. When I studied, I used to look fwd [forward] to PT class, dramatics class, acting class etc. I came out of school with no stage fear, as a result."
Trisha wore a subtle and elegant saree outfit for the event.
She also candidly said children should not take everything that is shown in movies seriously. "What the hero or heroine do on screen is just fantasy."
On Unicef's World Children's Day, the organization is encouraging kids to ‘take over’ classes and assemblies to raise their voices, help save children's lives and fight for their rights to help them reach their full potential.
There are lots of ways for children to get involved. "It’s going to be a fun day, with a serious message, when kids ‘take over’ high-visibility roles in media, politics, business, sport and entertainment to shine a light on the most pressing challenges faced by their generation."
Trisha has become the first South Indian cinema actress to have been conferred this Unicef honour and said she is proud of the felicitation.
Here is the video of Trisha at the Unicef honorary event where she was conferred with celebrity advocate honour:
This is not the first time, Trisha has extended her support to a social cause. She is an ardent animal welfare supporter and has spoken on children's rights before too. Trisha has many film projects in the pipeline including her Malayalam debut with Nivin Pauly called Hey Jude and her upcoming Tamil film with Arvind Swamy called Sathuranga Vettai 2.
More like this
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers; Nitish Kumar quits and takes oath again as Bihar CM!
- Indian cabinet September 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Ram Nath Kovind is 14th Indian President after Pranab Mukherjee. Here's a list of all Indian Presidents since 1950
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Trisha Krishnan looks chic and elegant for Hey Jude film's audio launch
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Mastani in a Saree! 8 Photos of Deepika Padukone's saree appearances in 2015!
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Pics: Aishwarya Rai in new L'Oreal ad says 'I'm just a mother with gorgeous hair'
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- Photos from Filmfare Awards 2018! Red Carpet Celeb Pics and Winners' list
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma wedding pics: Wishes pour in for the new couple
- Richie Trailer: Excitement around Nivin Pauly's Tamil debut as film nears release date
- 20-year-old Manushi Chhillar brings home Miss World 2017 title to India!
- Deepika Padukone's Ghoomar song and dance from Padmavati is sensational