SIIMA 2016 Pics: South Indian Cinema stars dazzle in Singapore for the awards red carpet
SIIMA 2016 Red Carpet Pictures from Day 2 - July 1, 2016
On July 1st, 2016, South Indian cinema stars gathered at the Singapore venue for the fifth SIIMA 2016 event to celebrate and honour Tamil and Malayalam cinema. It was just a day after Telugu and Kannada cinema was honoured on Day 1.
Actress Nayanthara looked every inch an Indian beauty in a simple yet elegant saree and chunky jewellery, her smoky-eyes make-up and a red bindi.
The IruMugam star was seen sharing space with her Naanum Rowdy Thaan director as well as actress Radhika.
Actress Hansika looked beautiful and glamourous in a fish-tail gown.
Actress Nithya Menen looked cute in a lemon yellow shimmery outfil and her trademark curly hair.
The actress was seen sharing a laugh with her OK Kanmani co-star and veteran actor Prakash Raj at SIIMA 2016 ceremony.
SIIMA 2016 Red Carpet Pictures from Day 1 - June 30, 2016
The fifth SIIMA 2016 – is the first one to be held in Singapore’s Suntec Convention and Exhibition Center on June 30th and July 1st. It follows the first four SIIMA awards held in Dubai, Sharjah, Malaysia and Dubai again in 2015.
Actress Shruti Hassan rocked an enigmatic bottle-green backless gown by Pankaj and Nidhi and displayed her chic cropped hair look at SIIMA.
Actress Samantha Ruth Prabhu who is basking in the glory of her films Theri and 24 looked glamourous in a corset-style glittery gown.
The actress shared a selfie with her fans at SIIMA 2016 red carpet.
Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi was honoured at SIIMA 2016 and received a standing ovation.
Nithya Menen attended the SIIMA red carpet on Day 1 with her IruMugan team including Vikram, Nayanthara and Radhika.
Nayanthara looked her fashionable self as she arrived in Singapore in a dark blue mini dress and smoky-eyes makeup for SIIMA function.
This year, SIIMA sees top Kollywood and Tollywood stars including Hansika Motwani, Rana Daggubati, Vedhika, Vijay Yesudas, Huma Qureshi and Sudheer Babu perform on stage showcasing the glamour, talent and extravaganza of South Indian cinema. On June 30th, SIIMA event celebrates and honours Telugu and Kannada film industry’s contributions while July 1st is dedicated to Tamil and Malayalam cinema.Among the nominations, Nithya Menen and Dulquer Salman’s "OK Kanmani" leads in nominations in the Tamil film categories while film "Ennu Ninte Moideen" dominates the Malayalam segment nominations. For best actress award, Jyothika, Nithya Menen, Nayanthara, Amy Jackson and Aishwarya Rajesh are nominated for Tamil films.
South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA) is the first International annual awards show that aims to take South Indian film Industry Global. The debut SIIMA event was held in Dubai in 2012.
More like this
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers; Nitish Kumar quits and takes oath again as Bihar CM!
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian cabinet September 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Ram Nath Kovind is 14th Indian President after Pranab Mukherjee. Here's a list of all Indian Presidents since 1950
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Dilwale Manma Emotion song video: Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon display sizzling chemistry in hip hop number
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- Pics, trailer of Jab Tak Hai Jaan song Challa filmed in London
- Bachchans Diwali Party: Hosts Abhi-Ash and guests Asin, Deepika-Ranveer, SRK all in traditional finery
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- Photos from Lakme Fashion Week: Shahid and Mira sizzle on ramp
- Photos from Filmfare Awards 2018! Red Carpet Celeb Pics and Winners' list
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma wedding pics: Wishes pour in for the new couple
- Richie Trailer: Excitement around Nivin Pauly's Tamil debut as film nears release date
- 20-year-old Manushi Chhillar brings home Miss World 2017 title to India!