Bollywood Nepotism: Now Kangana Ranaut speaks up after IIFA 2017 nepotism joke and how!
The three issued an apology after the show saying it was in bad taste. Saif Ali Khan also wrote an open letter in which he said: Nepotism cannot work in the film industry because it is a democracy. The film industry is the most fair line of work. So yes, maybe I got a chance because of my mother, but that is more genetics than nepotism. It’s a genetic investment that the producer was making."
He added: "I realised at some point, that it might have offended Kangana (Ranaut). I called her and apologised personally. That should be the end of it. Everybody needs to take a chill pill and back off."
Saif Ali Khan also talked about genetics, eugenics and star kids. To this, now Kangana Ranaut has issued a reply. Via an article on the Mid Day the Queen actor said: I fail to understand how you can compare genetically hybrid racehorses to artistes! Are you implying that artistic skills, hard-work, experience, concentration spans, enthusiasm, eagerness, discipline and love, can be inherited through family genes? If your point was true, I would be a farmer back home.
Kangana, in her reply, said at the onset that her letter is merely to exchange her views on nepotism and not a battle between individuals (her and Saif).
She continued: "You also said that the media is to be blamed, since it is the real flag-bearer of nepotism. That makes it sound like a crime, which is far from the truth. Nepotism is merely a weakness of the human nature; it takes great deal of will-power and strength to rise above our intrinsic nature -- sometimes we excel, sometimes we don't. No one is putting a gun to anyone's head to hire talent they don't believe in. So, there is no need to get defensive about one's choices."
The heated debate on nepotism in Bollywood first surfaced at Koffee with Karan season 5 back in February when actor Kangana Ranaut called Johar the "flagbearer of nepotism" on his own show. This led to a verbal spat between the actor and the director and also led others from the Bollywood fraternity to speak up.
Although everyone including Kangana, Karan and Saif have said one needs to put an end to this discussion on nepotism, the repartee continues.
More like this
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers; Nitish Kumar quits and takes oath again as Bihar CM!
- Ram Nath Kovind is 14th Indian President after Pranab Mukherjee. Here's a list of all Indian Presidents since 1950
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian cabinet September 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Pics: Trisha Krishnan Sparkles and Inspires as Unicef Celebrity Advocate on World Children's Day
- Mastani in a Saree! 8 Photos of Deepika Padukone's saree appearances in 2015!
- Twinkle Khanna highlights sanitary pad issues and menstrual hygiene while promoting Padman on BBC
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- 20-year-old Manushi Chhillar brings home Miss World 2017 title to India!
- Deepika Padukone's Ghoomar song and dance from Padmavati is sensational
- Bollywood Celebs' Diwali 2017 Pics: Kapoors, Bachchans and Khans and More from B-Town
- Diwali 2017 in UK: Cultural Programme at Trafalgar Square London and community celebrations
- Pics: Salman Khan in London for his Global Diversity Award