‘Dream New’ scholarship programme worth €60,000 for exceptional students
The deadline for applications is 1 September 2016. The eight selected winners will be announced in the beginning of October 2016.
“With this programme, we want to support those who are looking to escape the stress of the university and the rut of the daily routine in order to focus on their dreams and ambitions,” said Dr. Mira Maier.
The scholarships is aimed to help students fulfil their dreams in New Zealand’s future-oriented academic environment. The scholarships feature a semester abroad with the cost of all tuition fees covered. “Individual background, personality and also the originality of the application are most important for us when selecting candidates,” explained Dr. Mira Maier. “We’ve already received an application from a student who would like to found her own solar energy start-up company in New Zealand.”
The European Initiative for Transparency in Educational Grants has teamed up with Education New Zealand to form the “Dream NEW” scholarship programme. Together with Education New Zealand and 8 New Zealand universities, the programme has been especially designed for students who wouldn’t be typically defined as “exceptional”.
The programme is part of a broad-based initiative to create scholarship programmes to support students without an elite background. “We’re especially focusing on support for people who don’t fit a typical elite profile and pushing for the creation of new funding programmes for this group,” Maier added.
The students that are being sought for the “Dream NEW” scholarship are ones that want a new challenge in their life and don’t have any fears about confidently following their dreams should be supported. Creativity particularly counts when selecting scholarship recipients.
Adventurous, open-minded students who remain true to their dreams are invited to apply with a video or online blog/ essay.
The scholarship search engine is the largest Initiative project. Using this portal, high school graduates and university students can quickly and simply find scholarships which match their own CVs for free. The fully automatic matching process matches the user’s profile with a database of 12,000 scholarship programmes with a combined value totalling 27 billion euros. The initiative has already received 5 national awards and every year it helps millions of high school and university students in their search for scholarships. The European Funding Guide has received funding support from the European Commission.
More like this
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers; Nitish Kumar quits and takes oath again as Bihar CM!
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Ram Nath Kovind is 14th Indian President after Pranab Mukherjee. Here's a list of all Indian Presidents since 1950
- Indian cabinet September 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan shows impressive aerobics poses in Jazbaa song Kahaaniyaan
- Rana Daggubati, Tamannah, Prabhas, Anushka starrer epic film Baahubali made for 2.5 billion INR releases
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- Deepika Padukone's Ghoomar song and dance from Padmavati is sensational
- Bollywood Celebs' Diwali 2017 Pics: Kapoors, Bachchans and Khans and More from B-Town
- Diwali 2017 in UK: Cultural Programme at Trafalgar Square London and community celebrations
- Pics: Salman Khan in London for his Global Diversity Award
- Osterley Gymkhana London hosts 70th Indian Independence Day Celebrations