Andy Murray in Wimbledon final, first Brit in men’s final in 74 years
Murray, 25, will take on tennis ace and a 16-time Grand Slam champion, Roger Federer.
The final will be Federer's eighth Wimbledon final. Federer beat defending champion Novak Djokovic in a 6-3, 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 on Friday.
Pressure on Murray is high as he has become the first Brit in 74 years to play the Wimbledon final. Henry Wilfred “Bunny” Austin was the last Brit to play the final in 1938. Austin played Don Budge in the final, but won only four games.
The match is a crucial milestone for both players. If Murray wins, he will become the first Briton to win the Wimbledon title since 1936. If Federer wins, he will go on to become the No. 1 player replacing Djokovic. Federer will also equal Pete Sampras’ record of 286 weeks as the top-ranked player if he wins the Wimbledon title.
The Murray-Federer final will take place tomorrow [Sunday, July 8] afternoon.
More like this
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers; Nitish Kumar quits and takes oath again as Bihar CM!
- Ram Nath Kovind is 14th Indian President after Pranab Mukherjee. Here's a list of all Indian Presidents since 1950
- Indian cabinet September 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian Independence Day Celebrations 2017: 71st Independence Day at London's The Bhavan on Aug 3; Not at Osterley Indian Gymkhana
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- SIIMA 2017 Pics: Sensational Trisha Krishnan bags award for negative role in Kodi
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Watch Delhi bride Amisha Bhardwaj’s funky wedding dance video that is now globally viral
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- Indian tourists involved in fatal collision on M1 motorway involving minibus and 2 lorries
- Indian train meals not protected from rats, cockroaches, dust, insects, warn auditors
- IIFA 2017 New York Pics: Bollywood stars ooze glamour at the green carpet
- Paris Couture Week Pics: Sonam Kapoor charms like a princess in bridal wear