Trailer: Salman-Katrina’s Ek Tha Tiger releases on Independence Day
Directed by Kabir Khan, the romantic action movie Ek Tha Tiger tracks the life of an Indian scientist suspected of selling missile technology secrets to Pakistan. A secret agent codenamed Tiger (Salman Khan) appointed by the Indian government sets out to investigate the scientist’s activities. There he meets Zoya (Katrina kaif) who assists the scientist and falls in love with her.
More like this
Ek Tha Tiger Box Office collection and how it compares with 3 Idiots
Ek Tha Tiger released across 3300 cinemas in India. More than half (60%) of the first weekend ticket sales came as advanced booking prior to the movie’s release, it is reported.
The film broke all previous records in terms of first day earnings by collecting more than 30 crores at the box office. Ek Tha Tiger is the first Bollywood film to collect 100-crore rupees at the Indian Box Office in five days of release.
In 12 days of opening, Ek Tha Tiger collected more than 200-crore rupees at the Box Office becoming an all time Bollywood blockbuster.
Ek Tha Tiger's India plus overseas combined collection (after the second weekend) was more than 210-crore rupees, said trade analyst Taran Adarsh on Twitter. An "...all time blockbuster," he added.
Bollywood's top three films in terms of collection at the Indian Box Office are: Aamir Khan's 3 Idiots at No.1 with 202 cr. nett collection; Ek Tha Tiger at No 2 with 175 crore nett collection; and Salman Khan's Bodyguard at No 3 with 148 crore nett collection, analyst Adarsh said on Twitter.
By September 3, 2012 it emerged that Ek Tha Tiger has crossed the $10m mark in the overseas Box Office collections and has crossed the 200-crore rupees mark in Indian cinemas alone.
Aamir Khan's 3 Idiots still however holds the title of the highest-grossing Bollywood film of all time.But analysts expect the Salman-flick to cross 300-crore rupees mark as it continues to attract viewers.
Here is the review of Ek Tha Tiger and why you should or shouldn't watch it
With a budget of 74 crores of rupees, the movie is shot in foreign countries including Chile, Turkey, Ireland etc.
Find out how Trinity College Dublin is riding on the success of Ek Tha Tiger.
Salman Khan’s role in the film includes both romantic scenes with actress Katrina Kaif and action sequences. Previously, he has played similar roles in Bollywood hits including Dabangg, Bodyguard, Wanted, and Ready.
In the UK, Ek Tha Tiger was screened across Odeon, Vue cinemas, Cineworld etc across London and other UK regions.
IMDB has given Ek Tha Tiger a rating of 6.4 out of 10 (based on reviews from 451 users).
Here is the official trailer of Salman-Katrina’s 2012 Bollywood film Ek Tha Tiger which has received nearly five million hits on YouTube. there are other versions of the trailer on YouTube uploaded by fans which too have attracted many viewers.
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers; Nitish Kumar quits and takes oath again as Bihar CM!
- Ram Nath Kovind is 14th Indian President after Pranab Mukherjee. Here's a list of all Indian Presidents since 1950
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian cabinet September 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Full list of Indian gold, silver and bronze medal winners
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Barfi! launches a new face in Bollywood, but who is Ileana D'Cruz
- Twinkle Khanna trolled for picture with books; her response is priceless
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- Deepika Padukone's Ghoomar song and dance from Padmavati is sensational
- Bollywood Celebs' Diwali 2017 Pics: Kapoors, Bachchans and Khans and More from B-Town
- Diwali 2017 in UK: Cultural Programme at Trafalgar Square London and community celebrations
- Pics: Salman Khan in London for his Global Diversity Award
- Osterley Gymkhana London hosts 70th Indian Independence Day Celebrations