Wimbledon 2012: Leander Paes advances to third round in mixed doubles
Paes and his Russian partner Elena Vesnina beat Australia's Ashley Fisher and Germany’s Mona Barthel on Wednesday [July 4] to advance to the third round of the mixed doubles game
Seeded fourth, Paes-Vesnina duo won against Fisher-Barthel (6-3 6-3) in a match that lasted little more than an hour.
Paes and Vesnina will play Victoria Azarenka and Max Mirnyi from Belarus. Azarenka and Mirnyi defeated the 13th seeded Italian pair of Fabio Fogini and Sara Errani 6-3, 6-2 to play the Indo-Russian pair.
More like this
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers; Nitish Kumar quits and takes oath again as Bihar CM!
- Ram Nath Kovind is 14th Indian President after Pranab Mukherjee. Here's a list of all Indian Presidents since 1950
- Indian cabinet September 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian Independence Day Celebrations 2017: 71st Independence Day at London's The Bhavan on Aug 3; Not at Osterley Indian Gymkhana
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- SIIMA 2017 Pics: Sensational Trisha Krishnan bags award for negative role in Kodi
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
- Watch Delhi bride Amisha Bhardwaj’s funky wedding dance video that is now globally viral
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- Indian tourists involved in fatal collision on M1 motorway involving minibus and 2 lorries
- Indian train meals not protected from rats, cockroaches, dust, insects, warn auditors
- IIFA 2017 New York Pics: Bollywood stars ooze glamour at the green carpet
- Paris Couture Week Pics: Sonam Kapoor charms like a princess in bridal wear