Krrish 3, Ram Leela and Dhoom 3: 2013 to end with a Bollywood bang
While Eid release Chennai Express, directed by Rohit Shetty starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone crossed the 200-crore plus collection mark, expectations are high on the three upcoming films.
Hrithik Roshan’s Krrish sequel and Bollywood superhero science fiction film Krrish 3 is slated to release on November 4, coinciding with Diwali festivities. The Rakesh Roshan directed film will be released in 3D format too. The two previous Krrish films – Koi Mil Gaya (2003) and Krrish (2006) have both been Bollywood superhits.
Krrish 3’s official trailer on social media site YouTube has garnered nearly 14 million views since its release on August 5. It crossed the 2-million mark in a single day. The film stars Priyanka Chopra, Vivek Oberoi, Sunil Shetty and Kangna Ranaut alongside Hrithik Roshan in a double role. The lavish graphics and the special effects have captivated Bollywood fans’ imagination.
Here’s the official trailer of Krrish 3
Another most anticipated film of 2013 is Aamir Khan’s action-thriller Dhoom 3, the third sequel to the Dhoom series. This will be the first time Katrina Kaif will play a role opposite Aamir Khan and will become part of the Dhoom series.
The movie is scheduled to release on December 20, just ahead of Christmas in 2D and IMAX formats. Dhoom’s older cast -- Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra will reprise their characters in the upcoming film. Produced by Aditya Chopra under the Yash Raj Films banner, the film’s budget is a whopping 150-crore rupees.
The film’s motion poster, released on YouTube by YRF has received nearly 4 million views. The poster keeps most of the film’s cast under wraps with just Aamir Khan’s bare back and a top hat. But the trailer of Dhoom 3 released by YRF on September 5th, crossed 2.5 million views in less than two days and crossed 7 million views in one week. The action-packed trailer shows glimpses of all the four main characters of the film -- Aamir Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra and Katrina Kaif.
Here’s the motion poster of Dhoom 3 and the official trailer
Meanwhile Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Romeo Julliet epic Ram Leela starring Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone will release close to the heels of Krrish 3 in November.
In Ram Leela, Deepika Padukone will be donning a traditional desi avatar for her character “Leela” in the Bhansali film. It will be her fourth biggest release this year after Race 2, Yeh Jawaani hai Deewani and Chennai Express. Padukone will also be seen in Tamil film Kochadaiyaan opposite superstar Rajinikant.
Also See pictures of Deepika and Ranveer mesmerising in desi avatars in Ram Leela
Deepika shared the first look of Ram Leela with her fans on her official Twitter page. She is seen wearing a grandiose green lehenga and staring at the horizon with Ranveer Singh back in January. Ram Leela's trailer on YouTube also touched the 5-million mark within ten days of its release
Watch the official theatrical trailer of Ram Leela here:
Which of these movies are you looking forward to watching?
More like this
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- As the venerated former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away, here's a list of all Presidents of India
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian cabinet 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Watch Delhi bride Amisha Bhardwaj’s funky wedding dance video that is now globally viral
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Full list of Indian gold, silver and bronze medal winners
- Dhola Sadiya Bridge: 7 key facts on India’s longest Assam to Arunachal Pradesh bridge
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- Paris Couture Week Pics: Sonam Kapoor charms like a princess in bridal wear
- London Grenfell Tower Fire – Key facts and pics
- Cannes 2017 Photos: Bollywood’s Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Ra Bachchan Impress
- Sizzling Deepika Padukone’s special appearance in Raabta title song trends even before release
- Finally! The official trailer of Sachin - A Billion Dreams, on India’s beloved Master Blaster