British PM Theresa May in saree! Indians impressed as May visits Someshwara temple
UK PM May was in India for three days after PM Modi invited her to strengthen trade and bilateral ties between the two countries. India visit was May’s first official foreign trip as PM outside of Europe. In her trip, she discussed how to improve trade ties between UK and India and pledged to further improve visa regimes for Indians.
All eyes were on the British PM and her strategies and policies.
May and Modi together mapped out a clear trade and mutual investment strategy during her three-day visit.
Already impressed with May’s commitment to India, her fans and Indian media were further charmed by the Premier when she made an appearance in saree and paid respects at the historic Someshwara temple.
For the temple visit, May wore a mellow gold-coloured silk saree and bright green blouse. She also sported a garland and was photographed heavily as she took the temple tour and paid respects alongside two temple priests.
Someshwara temple in Bengaluru is the oldest temple in the city. The temple is dedicated to Hindu god Shiva and is considered to have been built back in the Chola Dynasty period (3rd century BCE).
More like this
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- As the venerated former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away, here's a list of all Presidents of India
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian cabinet 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Watch Delhi bride Amisha Bhardwaj’s funky wedding dance video that is now globally viral
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- Sony BBC Earth: Brand ambassador Kareena Kapoor Khan's video gives a peek into new HD channel
- MS Dhoni resigns as ODI and T20 captain amid praises from cricket legends including Tendulkar
- Toilet- Ek Prem Katha Trailer: Akshay Kumar’s unique love story strikes a chord
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- London Grenfell Tower Fire – Key facts and pics
- Cannes 2017 Photos: Bollywood’s Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Ra Bachchan Impress
- Sizzling Deepika Padukone’s special appearance in Raabta title song trends even before release
- Finally! The official trailer of Sachin - A Billion Dreams, on India’s beloved Master Blaster
- Parineeti Chopra’s debut song in Meri Pyaari Bindu shows how multi-talented she is!