Hard-hitting Maula Maula song from The Attacks of 26/11 launched at Leopold
On Monday, February 11, the film’s team including Varma, Maula Maula singer Sukhwinder Singh and actor Nana Patekar gathered at the café at 9.30 pm, the very hour when the dreadful attacks scarred the city’s psyche.
Maula Maula, which brings out all the emotions the city experienced on the 26th of November 2008 is the theme song of the upcoming crime thriller The Attacks of 2011 based on the terrorist attack. It is the only song in the film.
The RGV film is scheduled to release on March 1, 2013 and features Nana Patekar and Sanjeev Jaiswal in lead roles. Jaiswal is slated to play the character of Ajmal Kasab in the film.
The launch of Maula Maula started with a candle march from Gateway Of India with around 200 students lighting the candle in memory of the 26/11 victims and martyrs. They later assembled at Leopold Café to meet the team of The Attacks of 26/11.
Eight bombs from the 2008 Mumbai attacks exploded in the heart of the city including at CST station, Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Oberoi Trident, Nariman House, Cama Hospital, Metro cinema, a lane near st. Xavier’s college and Leopold café.
More like this
At the launch, Varma shared his experience about filming at Leopold while the survivors of the Leopold incident shared their traumatic experience.
The song from The Attacks of 26/11 charts the full evening of November 26, 2008 ranging from the terrorists arriving at Gateway of India and plotting bombs to shooting at CST station that killed hundreds. It also tracks the police and rescue operations and shows Jaiswal dressed like Kasab with a blue back-pack and a gun in hand at CST station. It also shows the brave police officer who fought the attackers that night at CST.
The hard hitting song also shows how innocent lives of children, women and men were lost in the attack.
Nana Patekar, who is seen steering the police to action in the film, also shared his experience about working on a film that is a cinematic version of the tragic event of 26/11 at the launch of the song.
Here's the full video of the song Maula Maula from The Attacks of 26/11:
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- As the venerated former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away, here's a list of all Presidents of India
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian cabinet 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Watch Delhi bride Amisha Bhardwaj’s funky wedding dance video that is now globally viral
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Full list of Indian gold, silver and bronze medal winners
- Deepika Padukone dazzles on the cover of UK mag Vanity Fair on Jewellery
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- IIFA 2017 New York Pics: Bollywood stars ooze glamour at the green carpet
- Paris Couture Week Pics: Sonam Kapoor charms like a princess in bridal wear
- London Grenfell Tower Fire – Key facts and pics
- Cannes 2017 Photos: Bollywood’s Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Ra Bachchan Impress
- Sizzling Deepika Padukone’s special appearance in Raabta title song trends even before release