2016 Cannes Film Festival in Pics: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor and Mallika Sherawat dazzle
Cannes 2016 red carpet marks Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s 15th appearance at the iconic film festival. The actress who has had fashion hits and misses at Cannes, stunned her fashion critics this year with her dazzling gold-coloured gowns. For her first ever Cannes 2016 appearance, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan wore a gold-coloured embellished Ali Younes gown.
The actress and L’Oreal brand ambassador teamed the floor-length dramatic gown and the sheer gold shawl with quirky blue eye make-up and wavy hair while keeping rest of the make-up and accessories to a minimum. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s gold pick won a thumbs up from her fashion critics.
For her second red carpet appearance at Cannes 2016, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan continued her love for gold with another stunning floor-length gown by her favourite designer Elie Saab. This gown, although similar in colour looked distinctly different – it was cinched at the waist with a gold-coloured belt. This time, Ms Bachchan teamed it up with deep maroon lipstick and a glittery necklace. She wore it for Steven Spielberg’s red carpet premiere of The BFG.
For the second day, the actress gave the gold a rest and instead picked a hot red Naeem Khan gown with a sheer red high neck pattern. The actress continued her minimal makeup and wavy hair look.
At Cannes 2016, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan also socialized with her Hollywood pals. Here’s the lady in gold posing for the shutterbugs with Hollywood’s Blake Lively.
Lastly, for the Sarbjit premiere, the actress wore a Rohit Bal black and gold outfit with mesmerizing smoky eye make-up. Overall, Ms Bachchan’s outfit selections at Cannes 2016 received a positive nod from fashionistas.
For her next appearance Ms Bachchan pulled all the stops and experimented boldly with her looks.
While she chose an off-shoulder ball gown, it was her lipstick colour choice that made heads turn. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan opted for a very bold purple/mauve shade of lip colour with kohl-eyed make-up.
The lipstick colour had her fans and fashion critics divided but the actress continued to flash her smile while posing for shutterbugs with her Sarbjit cast.
But it was not just Aishwarya Rai Bachchan who made Bollywood proud at Cannes red carpet.
Sonam Kapoor, who is basking in the critical and commercial success of her film Neerja, also wowed at Cannes 2016. Already billed as the fashion diva of Bollywood, Sonam Kapoor wore a black and midnight blue saree-outfit with a modern twist fit for Cannes red carpet.
Styled by Rhea Kapoor, the actress looked stunning with her hair tied back and dramatic eye make-up. She beat the French Riviera sunshine with her minimalistic style of cool blue look, sun glasses and lots of smiles. Sonam Kapoor was also representing L’Oreal at Cannes 2016.
For her second red carpet appearance, Sonam Kapoor looked like a real diva in a white custom-made Ralph & Russo gown with white choker necklace for the screening of 'The Land and the Moon' film.
Last but not the least was Mallika Sherawat and her silver-coloured red carpet appearance. Ms Sherawat wore a silver-coloured Georges Hobeika floor-length gown and similar coloured accessories for her appearance on Day 4 of Cannes Film Festival 2016.
She also attended the Spielberg movie premiere and continued her trademark smile and flying kisses at the red carpet. The actress tweeted: “Having a great time on the red carpet.”
The actress also wore a red Dolce & Gabbana corset-style gown for the press conference of her international film Time Raiders.
More like this
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- As the venerated former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away, here's a list of all Presidents of India
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian cabinet 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Watch Delhi bride Amisha Bhardwaj’s funky wedding dance video that is now globally viral
- SIIMA 2016 Pics: South Indian Cinema stars dazzle in Singapore for the awards red carpet
- Rana Daggubati, Tamannah, Prabhas, Anushka starrer epic film Baahubali made for 2.5 billion INR releases
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- London Grenfell Tower Fire – Key facts and pics
- Cannes 2017 Photos: Bollywood’s Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Ra Bachchan Impress
- Sizzling Deepika Padukone’s special appearance in Raabta title song trends even before release
- Finally! The official trailer of Sachin - A Billion Dreams, on India’s beloved Master Blaster
- Parineeti Chopra’s debut song in Meri Pyaari Bindu shows how multi-talented she is!