India Bridal Fashion Week (IBFW) will debut in London in 2014
According to Vijay Singh, the organiser of IBFW, Indian fashion has a big market in the UK, especially in London. A walk through the high street in Southall and Wembley peppered with bridal wear shops will only reiterate Singh’s point.
The Indian bridal collection will be showcased for a week in London next year to capture the NRI market. The 2014 London IBFW will add to the existing annual shows in Mumbai and Delhi.
The bridal fashion show, organised by Fashion One International, will be held in Delhi between July 24 and 28, 2013 at the Grand Hotel, Vasant Kunj, south Delhi while IBFW Mumbai is scheduled in Mumbai for five days starting October 16, 2013 at Hotel Sahara Star.
Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez showcased a chic bridal wear designed by Jyotsna Tiwari at the Aamby Valley India Bridal Fashion Week preview show.
More like this
Sri Lankan beauty Fernandez is the brand ambassador for the fourth IBFW in Delhi later this month.
The high-profile bridal couture exhibition brings together leading Indian designers including Tarun Tahiliani [pictured with actress Chitrangadha Sinha], Suneet Varma, and Rina Dhaka, Rohit Bal, Jyotsna Tiwari, Shantanu Nikhil, and Adarsh Gill among others, It also aims to bring the best of the trends and designs in bridal couture and promote fashion as a lucrative business in India.
- 2017: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- As the venerated former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away, here's a list of all Presidents of India
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian cabinet 2017: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Watch Delhi bride Amisha Bhardwaj’s funky wedding dance video that is now globally viral
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- SIIMA Awards 2015 Red Carpet Pics: Trisha, Shruti Hassan, Amy Jackson, Rana Daggubati, Hansika dazzle
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Full list of Indian gold, silver and bronze medal winners
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- London Grenfell Tower Fire – Key facts and pics
- Cannes 2017 Photos: Bollywood’s Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Ra Bachchan Impress
- Sizzling Deepika Padukone’s special appearance in Raabta title song trends even before release
- Finally! The official trailer of Sachin - A Billion Dreams, on India’s beloved Master Blaster
- Parineeti Chopra’s debut song in Meri Pyaari Bindu shows how multi-talented she is!